Access and Content
The term Speech Link Multimedia Ltd or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is at Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7FG, UK. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to the user of the information website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The information provided and the opinions expressed in this website represent the views of the authors and contributors. They do not constitute legal advice and cannot be construed as offering comprehensive guidance.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. We are not liable for any inaccuracies or errors.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, it is your responsibility to check that the information available meets your requirements.
- Information on this site may be contributed by our subscribers or other contributors (including in blogs). We do not control the information they provide and we are not responsible for the views expressed
- If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed on this site please notify us. We accept no liability for infringements as a result of user generated content but we will take reasonable action to remove such content where possible.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- The services provided by us on this web site are provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantee express or implied.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to English Law
Under no circumstances will we be liable to you or any other person (whether in contract or tort or otherwise) for any loss or damage of any kind, including consequential damage and loss of profits, caused directly or indirectly in connection with this website, your use of or your inability to use this website.
This website and its content is copyright of Speech Link Multimedia Ltd and our contributors. All rights reserved.
Copyright of publicly available material
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may refer to and quote from the content for review or reference purposes within the limits of “fair dealing”, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Public Website Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Who is Speech Link Multimedia Ltd?
Speech Link Multimedia Ltd is a private limited company. Registered Office: Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 &FG. Our company registration number is 504452. Our VAT registration number is 875 8101 05. Our ICO notification number is Z9552034.
What do we do with your personal data?
In order to service our community of education professionals and speech and language therapists – for example by providing updates, information about resources, events and training – we collect personal data from site registrants and members.
What is a site registrant? A site registrant is someone who signs up to receive our newsletter.
What is a site member? A site member is someone who has purchased items from the shop and chosen to create an account when doing so.
If you provide your data and give us permission, we will use your data to maintain e-mail, telephone and offline contact with you, preferably at your place of business. We will never share your details with anyone outside Speech Link Multimedia Ltd unless required to do so by a legitimate law enforcement agency.
What choices do I have about how my data is used?
You may opt out of receiving information from us by e-mail, telephone, fax or post.
To exercise your choices, indicate your wishes on the registration form, unsubscribe using the link in our emails, call the Help Desk at + 44 (0)333 577 0784, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request a copy of the information held about you by writing to: Speech Link Multimedia Ltd, Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7FG.
Where do we process data?
We process data at our registered offices at Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7FG.
We apply UK data protection law to our processing.
How do we keep data secure?
We take appropriate steps to maintain our contact information in a secure environment to prevent unauthorised use. These measures include encryption, access restriction and physical security.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer in order to let websites do several important things, including remember what’s in your shopping basket and which pages you have visited.
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session Cookies – used to keep track of what is happening on any particular visit to the website. Keeping you logged in or keeping track of a shopping basket are two typical uses. Session cookies are removed from your browser when it is closed, sometimes before that if your session “times out” or “expires”
- Persistent Cookies, as their name suggests these cookies persist after your browser is closed and are still there for reading by the site that set them when you visit again or when you visit a site which links to the site which set the cookie. These cookies can be used to track your behaviour from site to site and serve up “customised” advertisements. They are also used to remember you so that you don’t need to enter all your details again.
Speech Link Multimedia Ltd uses Session Cookies on this website, by continuing to browse this website you consent to the use of session cookies.
We also use some persistent cookies. These cookies are set by third party services that we employ to do things such as check how our interface is being used and whether we can improve it. By logging in to this website you consent to the use of these cookies.
We never link any personally identifiable information we may hold about you to Google Analytics information. We do not serve up third party advertisements or knowingly take part in any scheme that would allow your online behaviour to be tracked for the purposes of identity discovery.
How to control cookies:
You can choose to delete cookies that have already been set or to prevent cookies being set on visiting any website. Many browsers allow a distinction to be made between session cookies and persistent cookies when choosing what to block.
If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit the ICO website.
To see how to delete/block cookies in the most popular web browsers please see:
What happens when I follow links to other sites?
If you follow links to other sites from our website your data will be subject to the privacy policies of those sites. You should refer to these policies before providing your data.
What happens when this policy changes?
Changes may be necessary to this policy to reflect legal or data processing developments. If we change the policy we will provide information on our website so that users can review the changes. Any significantly different use of your data will be communicated to you and you will be able to choose whether you agree to the new use.
How you can reach us:
Tel + 44 (0)333 577 0784